Monday, August 28, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to Webbed Up!

I am sure you are curious about the name of this blog. It comes from the sketch by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, called "How to keep your parents off the Internet". The full quote sounds something like this: "I wanna be surfing the email and be webbed up to netpages and such!".

And here's what Urban Dictionary has to say on the subject:
All Webbed Up
Every aspect of your life is associated with the internet (ie. talking to friends via the internet, messenger, my space, personals) Also can be used to describe a person addicted to the internet

I've been online since 1990 and making web pages since 1996 or so. You can see the full list of my sites here. I am currently trying to catch up with new technologies, like, say, blogging. Not yet sure what the buzz is all about, I am pretty sure I've been blogging long before the term was even coined - for example, check my infamous Life of Programmer page.

Anyway, I guess the best way to figure out any new technology is to dive right in, so here comes Webbed Up!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an Internet addict, mainly thanks to the constant online homework. I get bored with homework, I just click right over to the Dean Koontz community.

Very interesting blog, is it updated weekly...

4:54 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Good to hear from you, this is the first comment I got :)

Not sure on the update frequency yet,m since the blog is brand new. I guess I'll post as often as I feel there's something worth writing about. I currently have 2 more posts roaming around my head ("Me and Microsoft" and "Living Online"), hopefully they will materialize soon.

Andy

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your "life of Programmer" was very funny, it reminds me of a story someone told me, they worked on the helplines for some company and someone rang to ask where the cd-rom goes. When directed to the correct the caller (obviously sounding embarrassed) explained they had been using that as a coffee stand!
He swears it's true, I really can't see anyone being that dumb.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home